Stylist in Training / Apprentice Stylist
STYLIST IN TRAINING
WHAT WE OFFER
Would you like to be one of our future stylists? If you’ve got the desire, we???ve got the knowhow to get you there. As a stylist-in-training in this temporary 90-day position we’re here to help you learn the business while you deliver exceptional customer service across all channels of communication.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will learn the ins and outs of how to grow the business and control expenses by observing other stylists and managers.
- You’ll be front and center greeting customers and answering the phone. Your smile is your logo.
- It’s not all glamorous work but it’s necessary. You’ll keep the salon clean and follow safety standards.
As a stylist-in-training you may be eligible for a promotion to the stylist position once you receive your license. A promotion to stylist is not automatically guaranteed. You must earn it.
You will need to apply for the stylist position with Supercuts to be considered for promotion. #UnleashYourPotential
HERE’S HOW YOU GET PROMOTED TO A STYLIST
To be considered for the promotion, you must: 1) possess a valid appropriate license in your applicable state of employment; 2) have the ability to perform the duties of the license requirements that your state allows, including, but not limited to: cutting, styling, coloring, providing wax treatments, and washing and perming hair with or without an accommodation; and 3) demonstrate that you practice Regis values of honesty, accountability, integrity, and respect.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU MEET THESE QUALIFICATIONS
- You must graduate from an accredited cosmetology school and obtain the necessary license(s) to perform salon services within or before 90 days of hire-date
- You have great judgement and time management. And want to work in a dynamic salon environment
- You know how to communicate well with customers, coworkers, and management.
- You need to be tech savvy to use our point-of-sale systems and enter data.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- You need to be comfortable with lifting to 10 lbs. to stock retail shelves, occasionally lifting 10-25 lbs. to assist in unloading monthly shipment of products.
- You will be on your feet for most of the day.
- You need to know how to read, write, and do basic math.
- You need to be available to travel to mandatory meetings and training sessions, including overnight travel.
"You are submitting your information for potential employment opportunities with an independent franchisee of Regis Corporation or one of its subsidiaries (collectively "Regis"). If hired, you will be a direct employee of the franchisee, not of Regis. Franchisees are independent business owners/operators who set their own wage and benefit programs which can vary from Regis or other franchisees. Only the franchisee is responsible for employment matters at the salon including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing, scheduling, wages and benefits. Regis will not receive a copy of your employment application and will have no involvement in any hiring or other employment decisions. "